Monday 26 March 2012

Where I have disappeared to!

So I realise I have disappeared for a while now and just wanted to keep those blogger followers who are interested, up to date with what's been going on.

I have basically been studying a new animation method which has taken up a fair bunch of my time, but on another side of things, I have plans to use this new method to demonstrate the next part of my video making which is a clear example of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO and how they work together in photography.

Whilst many of you are already quite familiar with this now, I think it's important that those who aren't completely up to date with how the three aspects work, can now see it clearly and without all the technical mumbo jumbo that quite often gets pushed in peoples faces! I hope to achieve this with the animation I intend to make.

I am also preparing for a trip to the USA which will take me away for about 3 months. With this is in mind I hope to leave my YouTube channel at a point where people can use what is on there and avoiding as many unanswered questions as possible so we will see what I manage to get covered in the next 4 weeks before I go.

I'm really looking forward to the trip and I will try to keep posting pictures here and on my Facebook page as I go so that you can see what sort of places I am discovering and what sort of photography I capture along the way.

I also plan to do some quick tip sheets that you can print out and use to troubleshoot if you are in the middle of photographing something and you can't figure out your settings.

On a completely different note, to anyone who is interested in this news, I recently found out that Glen Keane, one of the most talented and down to earth animators I have seen in action (not in real life unfortunately but on video), has taken the decision to retire from Disney.

Whilst some may not care about this information, I find Glen Keane a real inspiration to work from and his passion in his work and the way that we completely embodies the characters he works on is fascinating. He surely will be missed from the animation community but I hope he enjoys his deckchair and beer in the garden!

So anywho, there is the quick run through where I have been and what I really hope to achieve/create in the next 4 weeks before I go.

FD :)

No comments:

Post a Comment