Sunday 26 August 2012

HQ Burst Mode Vs Sports Mode

I have often found that, when trying to use the Sports Mode on the SX40, the focus is too slow and the amount of frames per second the camera captures just doesn't do the job.

Well I was out for a walk this afternoon in an area with a lot of bees and thought about how I could really do with a camera that can do lots of frames per second so I could capture the bees in flight. Well along comes HQ Burst Mode which I had neglected to try out since getting the camera really.

This mode shoots 8 frames per second and continually focuses during the picture taking process which means that likeliness is... you will get at least one decent picture of the 8 that you took.

So I went chasing after the bees and managed to get some pretty decent shots:





I went to a Rodeo in Wyoming a few months ago and the sports mode couldn't get one shot in focus... if onyl I had known about this setting then!!

Anyway, just sharing some thoughts ;)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. Love the first shot of the bee in mid air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how if we used tracking AF menu for this purposed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't enable tracking focus in this mode but it does a pretty good job of that itself. The focus is central so keep your subject within the focus box and you should be ok.

    ReplyDelete