Tuesday 4 September 2012

Meeting fellow SX40ers and making those videos!

I was out in London Zoo (ZSL) yesterday afternoon and came across a fellow SX40er from youtube. It was a really nice encounter and quite a surprise but it's probably a good thing I was fatdragon as I can imagine a stranger being asked that question may have wondered why they looked like a fatdragon in the first place haha!

But back to business... I have made the most ridiculous mistakes in the la
st month or so that are stopping me from making videos. If it's not cloudy, I have forgotten my charger or I have forgotten the battery or something like that and when I say I forgot them, I was moving around during the weekends and trying to get videos made on the move and as you can see... not working out too well.

So anyway, I am hoping that I have time this week to finally finish off the two videos I have been working on. The first was about using CHDK to take long exposures at night time, particularly for taking images of the stars. This was all going well until every night clouded over and I wasn't able to take demo shots so once I get those, that video is done.

The next video is talking about CHDK in more depth and my my there is a LOT to learn! I have been going through the menu thoroughly and there are many things I have to learn, practise with and look up before I can demo them in a video, hence why this video is taking longer to make.

Add on top of this, the fact that I am travelling every weekend and busy most weeknights and making videos becomes a little more difficult, but persistance is key!

I also have a giveaway video coming up after those two so keep your eyes peeled ;)

It's great to see everyones posts and experiments with photography so keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment