Thursday 13 December 2012

Huge Apologies, I've been off the radar!

Hi All,

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating my blog. I deserve a good old slap on the wrist as I really do appreciate that people read my blog.

Last week I had Tonsillitis which I was trying to deal with without going to the doctor for four days before I gave in and went anyway. Following a week of antibiotics I am now back and ready to roll.

I am still looking to move house which is another reason why I am finding it hard to make more videos. I'm in a bit of a pickle as I need to look for jobs so I can move, but once I find one, I won't have access to the video camera I make the videos with which means making new videos could be a pain.

I was going to start doing a series of videos about SLR cameras and also I was considering doing some animations to talk through Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO to help those who are still struggling with the theory of it. I think the animations may be easier for me to complete at this point in time as doing the other videos requires a lot of set up which I don't have the time to prepare!

I did do a vote on the facebook page to see what people were interesting in seeing from my Youtube channel and the top suggestions were:


Concert/low light photography
How to get better sunset pics
Raynox DCR250? :-)
Zoom blur effect (in Photoshop)
Fireworks pics



I have taken this into consideration. The tough part is really being able to suggest the settings for concert photography without actually having a concert to go to. I previously mentioned in a video about changing your white balance to help in low light situations, it tends to bring in more light but it does remove that atmosphere that the concert lights can give.

In terms of low light, I will need to employ one of my family members again to try and get them to help me demonstrate photography in low light.

Sunset pictures is also a tricky one at this time of year as I am leaving work in the dark so I don't get a chance to capture many sunsets. Also with it being winter, the chances of nice clear skies and sunsets are limited here. I'm hoping that the next time I go to Wales on the weekend I will be able to grab the opportunity for sunset shots out in the hills and I can bring both cameras to talk through it!

The Raynox is one I am admittedly slow at moving my butt into gear on. I do own a Raynox and it's a great tool, I just need to get a bit more time practising with it and I will be able to talk through it as an accessory and the best ways to use it.

The zoom blur effect in photoshop isn't something I am familiar with so I will need to find out what effect it is exactly that you want to achieve and I can demonstrate that in Photoshop with no probs.

Fireworks... again a shot that isn't easy for me to do a demo with as the opportunities I get to see fireworks don't really allow me to take two cameras and to talk through a demo with so it would be a case of showing pictures I have taken and explaining the settings but I can do that if it's needed?

So there's an update in the world of Fatdragon100!

Lastly, I have been running a weekly photo theme over on Facebook which is proving to be quite fun and popular. I noticed that this weeks theme is the 11th week we have been doing it and I was thinking of making a 2013 calendar using the photo theme winners for each month and perhaps popping a Fatdragon picture in on each month too. Is this something people would be interested in? I will run a vote over on Facebook too to find out and to see if the winners would be happy for their photos to be used.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a nice Christmas break!

All the best,

FatDragon :)





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and glad you are feeling better. Would love SLR discussion as I just broke down and bought one! Totally different from the SX 40 (which I still love), but I just couldn't resist! Love the weekly themes over on FB too! Can't believe we are up to week 11 already!

    ReplyDelete