Saturday 18 February 2012

Advancing Bokeh.

So I had a better breakthrough with Bokeh. It's still not perfect but is certainly better than I previously had.

Here are some rules to making bokeh:

1 - Use a low Aperture, as low as the camera will let you.

2 - In relation to number one, set your camera to aperture value as that will be the priority for the camera when choosing the other settings.

3 - Make sure the distance between you and your subject is a big one.

4 - Make sure the distance between your subject and the background is also very large.

5 - Make sure your zoom is as far as it can realistically go... the more zoom, the better the background blur.

6 - Make sure your subject is well lit.

7 - Make sure your background is also well lit and try to avoid backgrounds that have too many large objects as the smaller the objects, the easier they blur!


So with this in mind, I took the following pictures. However, I never was one to remember my own advice! The outside shot of the rabbit in night time wasn't well lit but I will show it as a demo anyway. I also managed to take all of my outdoor pics with my ISO on 3200 which was way too high, I just hadn't turned it back down. On top of this, I also forgot to change my White Balance from Tungsten to Daylight so the pictures are quite pale and blue. Apologies for that but hopefully you will get the idea anyway.

Not everyone will love that I call these pics Bokeh because the circular shapes aren't defined enough but this is the best I could get so hopefully it will help a lot of people when setting up a shot anyway!











No comments:

Post a Comment