Saturday 25 February 2012

Frensham Ponds and Time Lapse!

Hi All,

I took a trip to a place called Frensham Ponds which is in Farnham in Surrey. It's a really nice place to go and take photos as they have sail boats and little beaches and a few little walking paths to stroll along. So originally I was going to take some photos with bracketing as this is my next YouTube tutorial. However, as I sat there in the sun which  haven't seen in a long while (not properly anyway), I decided to leave the camera running on a video with my 16GB card and did a time lapse by speeding up the footage in Window Movie Maker.

The results can be seen here:

Vid1

And here:

Vid2


I hope to do another one of these at a sunset if I can. The great thing is that you can just leave it running, no other efforts needed :) I had to cut the first video together as the vid cut out at around 17 mins. The video as a whole is around 35 mins long, compressed into about 34 seconds. It's cool to watch the clouds moving I think :)

So of course I also went to take some photos and got some pretty funky results! I accidentally stumbled across a couple more Bokeh rules/ideas for those who are interested:

1 - If you take something with Macro focus this often gives you a Bokeh effect so you don't always have to be far back if you are right up against your subject.

2 - Think about some kind of foreground Bokeh instead. You still need a big gap between you and your subject, but this time make sure there is something a lot closer to you than your subject. This will majorly blur in the foreground as the camera can't focus on it because it will be too close and it will look like a foreground Bokeh.



As an example, here are some foreground Bokeh style pics I took today:



And here's the Macro focus version of Bokeh:



So off of the subject of Bokeh before I bore everyone, here's some other pics I took on my jolly old walk through Frensham :)










No comments:

Post a Comment