Saturday 11 February 2012

Bird World

I went to Bird World in Farnham today to see what pics I could get on the SX40. I quite possibly risked loosing a few toes it was so cold! I actually ended up putting a spare pair of gloves on my feet to try and keep my toes warmer inside my shoes... it didn't work however at least I was able to spend some time taking pictures outside of the house and it was a really nice trip.

I just wanted to post some pictures that I took at Bird World in case anyone would like to see them. I won't put all of them so that people don't have to sit through too much but I'll post the ones I was happiest with. I have posted the pictures to an album on the Facebook page if anyone wants to see them.

It's been a busy week this week and the weekends just go so fast I don't get a chance to see them! I will work on some videos tomorrow however I do have a possible Animation project which will take me away from YouTube until the end of February if it goes forward.

Anyway, here are the pics!



Reptiles in the Underwater World section:





Eagle peering out from one of the big cages:



Parrot Feathers:





Petting Zoo:



2 comments:

  1. Hi, can you pse help me with settings. I was badly injured while in the police and are now wheelchair bound. I bought the SX40 HS because of the zoom as I cannot get into places that a 'normal' person can. I am a beginner and enjoy low light photo's but they don't come out very well. Could you tell me some settings you use pse. Jim. zl2bmh@xtra.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim,

      Have you seen the YouTube vids? They may help you with working with low light but I can answer your problem a bit more specifically if you can send me one of the pics so I can suggest some ideas.

      You email address didn't work for me to reply to but once I am in touch via email with you I can see you pics.

      Delete