Monday 6 February 2012

Watermarking

I have just made a video on watermarking images in Photoshop.

This is my version of watermarking so not everyone will do it the same way. But I like to be able to choose where my watermark goes and how much it shows up in the image so I do my images individually whereas many people do there's in an automated batch.

Watermarking is great for getting your name associated with your images, as well as protecting them for those naughty people who think it's OK to claim them as their own! (Unfortunately it can happen!)

I watermark with an image because I like the look, most people just use text or a stylized text but everyone is different an it all depends on how you want your watermark to look.

The important thing is that your watermark, whilst being present in a way that deters people from using them without permission, your mark should also avoid distracting from the image as a whole because in the end, we share our images for people to appreciate. If your watermark is too heavy, it's like trying to appreciate an image that has been taken with a big smudge on the lens. You can't see it properly and therefore won't bother to look fully so keep your watermark light to avoid ruining your image.

Those are my thoughts on watermarking anyway. I hope it is of help to some people and I apologise if you don't have Photoshop and cannot replicate this technique!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment